The Nottingham trolleybus system opened on 10 April 1927, gradually replacing the city's tramway network. It was a medium-sized system, with a total of 8 routes and a maximum fleet of 157 trolleybuses. It closed on 30 June 1966.
Six former Nottingham trolleybuses are preserved: four at the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft and the others in a private collection.
Delivered as no. 67 this was one of 25 similar vehicles numbered 61 to 85 forming part of a total order for 56 trolleybuses intended for tramway conversion in 1934. The chassis was the Karrier E6, which incorporated an unusual spectacle frame above and below the rear axles, so that the axles protruded through the frames. The advantage of this arrangement was that there was less intrusion into the lower saloon floor, but it necessitated having springs above and below the axles which could not be removed for overhaul as easily as in a standard frame. The spectacle frame can be seen more clearly on the similar chassis of Huddersfield 470. The wood-framed bodywork is by Brush of Loughborough, one of the Corporation's regular suppliers.
In 1939 the entire trolleybus fleet was renumbered by adding 300 to the existing fleet numbers. Similarly to 346, 367 (as it then was) was replaced by a new trolleybus in 1950 and sold for use on a farm from where it was rescued and brought to Sandtoft in 1974.
367 is undergoing extensive restoration, and has seen several private owners working on it over the years. Its current owner is progressing slowly with the project. The vehicle is in clear public view at the Museum and is a great example of just how much work goes ito restoring a vehicle of this age and size.