After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Saturday, October 28 11:00AM
Open on Saturday and Sunday from 11.00am to 5.00pm each day (last admission 4.00pm)
What’s happening this weekend:
We are running trolleybuses for visitors to ride on.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- “The Trolleybus During the First Wold War” exhibition
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
** These motor bus tours operated by the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft are provided free of charge and admission to the Trolleybus Museum is neither required nor granted by the use of these tours or any other free bus service provided by the Trolleybus Museum and payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum is not a condition of carriage.
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend:
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £8.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £7.00 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession £6.00 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £25.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. For the security and comfort of passengers, it will be at the discretion of the conductor whether a dog may be allowed on a trolleybus or motorbus. We endeavour to provide bowls of water for dogs – please ask a Museum official if these are empty or not obviously available!.
Public transport links:
On each Saturday Trolleyday, the Trolleybus Museum operates a free bus link between Epworth and the Trolleybus Museum to link with a scheduled bus service from/ to Doncaster operated by Isle Coaches. The timings of this operation is as follows:
Isle Coaches Service 291 (to Owston Ferry) Trolleybus Museum Free Bus
Doncaster Interchange (Bay C5) depart 11.00am
Epworth Rectory arrive 11.43am depart 11.45am
Trolleybus Museum arrive 12.00 noon
Free Bus - Return Service
Trolleybus Museum Free Bus Isle Coaches Service 399 (to Doncaster)
Trolleybus Museum depart 4.10pm
Epworth Rectory arrive 4.25pm depart 4.35pm
Doncaster Interchange arrive 5.35pm
Please remember that fares are charged on the scheduled Isle Coaches services
We regret that, on Sunday (29 October) there is no public transport link to the Trolleybus Museum.
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft this weekend!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft