After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Trolleyday Plus - Isle of Axholme Running Day & Rally
Sunday, October 15 11:00AM
Open on Sunday from 11.00am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
PLEASE NOTE: The Trolleybus Museum id NOT open on Saturday, 14 October.
What’s happening today:
Presented by the Doncaster Omnibus & Light Railway Society, we are staging a vintage vehicle rally at the Trolleybus Museum, combined with (free of charge) an extensive vintage bus running day on routes around the local area – the Isle of Axholme: all this as well as a selection of trolleybuses in use for visitors to ride on.
Also today (SUNDAY), we are also operating a free bus from Doncaster Interchange direct to the Trolleybus Museum and back (see below for details).
Special features for today ONLY:
- Vintage vehicle rally – vehicles on show include cars, vans, motorbikes, lorries, buses and coaches
- Vintage buses operating free of charge on routes around the local area - the Isle of Axholme (Visit www.dolrs.org.uk for more details of the bus services).
- Sales stalls
You are invited to take part in the Isle of Axholme Running Day and Rally either by bringing a historic vehicle (or even more than one!) for display or a sales stand.
The rally and stalls area are being presented and managed by the Doncaster Omnibus & Light Railway Society (DO&LRS), who have a slightly different entry system this year, designed to help exhibitors, stall-holders and the environment: they have taken the decision to embrace the modern technology at their disposal and offer a paperless entry system for those who are able to access it. All you will need is software that can handle PDF documents and a valid debit or credit card. To enter your vehicle and/ or book a stall, please follow these 5 easy steps:
- Download the ‘Paperless Entry Form’, a PDF file, by clicking here (this will be from the DO&LRS website)
- Fill in your details on the form as appropriate. No need to print it out, just fill it in on the computer and save it!
- With the completed form saved, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DO&LRS will then send confirmation that they have received your form and will supply you with details on how to make an online payment
- Once your payment has been accepted, put the date in your diary and come enjoy your day with us!
Alternatively, you can print the PDF document and follow the instructions provided on the form.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- “The Trolleybus During the First Wold War” exhibition
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
** These motor bus tours operated by the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft are provided free of charge and admission to the Trolleybus Museum is neither required nor granted by the use of these tours or any other free bus service provided by the Trolleybus Museum and payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum is not a condition of carriage.
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend:
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £8.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £7.00 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession £6.00 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £25.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. For the security and comfort of passengers, it will be at the discretion of the conductor whether a dog may be allowed on a trolleybus or motorbus. We endeavour to provide bowls of water for dogs – please ask a Museum official if these are empty or not obviously available!.
FREE Bus Service from Doncaster Interchange Bay C6 (the Interchange is adjacent to Doncaster Railway Station) to the Trolleybus Museum at the following times:
Doncaster Interchange Bay C6 Epworth (Market Cross) Trolleybus Museum
Route 291: depart 11.00am 11.45am arrive 12.00noon
Route 126: depart 12.00noon ---- arrive 12.40pm
Free Bus Service - Return trip from the Trolleybus Museum:
Trolleybus Museum Epworth (Market Cross) Doncaster Interchange
Route 291 depart 4.05pm depart 4.25pm arrive 5.11pm
Route 126: depart 5.00pm --- arrive 5.40pm
The Doncaster Omnibus & Light Railway Society is operating a series of free services using vintage buses on routes around the local area - the Isle of Axholme. Visit www.dolrs.org.uk for more details of these services.
Free bus services shown above are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage. Use of the free Isle of Axholme bus services being operated today by the Doncaster Omnibus & Light Railway Society, similarly, are not conditional upon having visited or having paid admission charges at the Trolleybus Museum.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft today!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft